DPA Microphones is a renowned brand specializing in the manufacturing of high-quality microphones. Their microphones are used in a wide range of applications, from live music performances to studio recordings.
DPA presents their new shotgun microphone, the 2017!
- Cartridge type: Pre-polarized condenser
- Frequency response: 20 Hz- 20kHz
- Effective frequency range, at 60cm, with typ. soft boost at 15kHz
- Sensitivity, nominal: ~2dB at 1 kHz: 25mV/Pa; -32dB re. 1V/Pa
- Equivalent noise level, A-weighted: Typ. 13dB(A) re.20 µPa (max. 15dB(A))
- Distortion, THD <1%: 140 dB SPL RMS, 143dB SPL peak
- Max. SPL, THD 10%: 148 dB SPL peak
- Dynamic range: Typ. 130 dB
- Weight: 115g
- Microphone Diameter: 19mm
- Capsule Diameter: 17mm
- Microphone length: 184mm
The 2017 Shotgun Microphone is an extremely directional mic that combines crystal clear, authentic sound and stable, consistent performance under harsh conditions.
Its acoustical performance sets it apart from any competition. It has efficient off-axis rejection combined with an off-axis frequency response that is much more linear than most similar shotgun mics on the market. These are exactly the capabilities that result in authentic sound.
In addition, the 2017 performs consistently in a variety of conditions, like cold weather and humid environments as well as in generally harsh situations.
Finally, although the interference tube surrounding the capsule is quite long, the entire mic is contained in a shorter, lighter mic housing than many other mics that it outperforms. This makes the 2017 a practical choice in a wide range of applications.
- Accurate, clean sound from the primary sound source combines effortlessly with natural sound captured off-axis
- Extraordinary durability, with reinforced construction to perform in challenging environments, including high humidity
- Outstanding off-axis rejection for optimal isolation of the desired sound source
- Extremely directional pick-up pattern, with an effective interference tube in a compact housing
- Easy to set up, position and use in fixed positions, on booms and on camera systems
- Low self-noise, for excellent performance in quiet environments or with many open microphones